Saturday, September 18, 2010

Adventures in Cake

Lately I've been spending a lot of time working with cake.  I really like working with cake. It smells yummy, it tastes great and it looks pretty. Cake also makes people happy.  What's not to like?

This cake was for Crystal's birthday (as if I needed to tell you that...).  Chocolate cake, two layers, with buttercream frosting. By the time we got to dinner the heat and humidity had made the frosting a little droopy, but it still tasted great!



This is the first wedding cake that I ever made.  It was for my dear friend Bethany and her wonderful husband Carlos.  There was some drama involved in the process, but overall I think it turned out pretty well.


This beautiful black and white photo was taken by one of Bethany's friends, Hannah.


I can hardly stand the cuteness of this penguin!  I just handed this little cake off to its intended.  She was happy and I hope the mommy-to-be likes it.


There will be more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete